Head Chef (M/F)
Hotel&Spa des Gorges du Verdon
Alpes de Haute Provence (04)
Cette offre est ouverte à la cooptation
* Vous devez déjà avoir postulé sur notre plateforme et disposer d'un compte valide pour proposer un candidat
The 4* Hotel & Spa des Gorges du Verdon is located in La Palud-sur-Verdon in the Alpes de Haute-Provence (04).
The hotel has 30 rooms. Its restaurant "Les Gorges du Verdon", offers a cuisine full of flavours where the small local producers have all their place. The Chef proposes a multiple choice menu with suggestions changing every day.
The Eco Label and Maitre Restaurateur establishment is finalizing its team for the summer season and is recruiting !
The idea: A warm cuisine, which makes you happy, notes of Provence cuisine (we will eat tomatoes rather than cream...) but without obligation, without fuss but with modern presentations, respect for seasonal products ( no asparagus in September!) and if possible in short circuit (we work jointly with the market gardener of the village, among others...).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Create the menu changing everyday
- Prepare technical sheets for your team.
- Respect and enforce health and safety procedures.
- Managing the kitchen team, managing shipments and checking the plates that go to the dining room.
- Make orders with suppliers and manage inventory.
- Check the day's arrivals in terms of quality and quantity.
- Manage the budget allocated by management.
To apply, we will ask you to present the following criteria, listed here in order of importance:
- Have an attractive cuisine style that is both creative and up-to-date.
- A curious, resourceful and dynamic mind
- You can be young, want to evolve further while wanting to discover your identity through your card so that we finally evolve together in the same direction.
- Have good managerial skills with a positive and motivational attitude, working openly and constructively with management and showing a real open-mindedness. Have good interpersonal skills, loving contact with customers, being able to impose themselves through a constantly positive attitude with all members of staff.
- A sense of engagement around issues today: our soils, short-circuit sourcing, sustainable farming and fishing methods, quality of life for all life on this planet: animal (including human) + plant
- At least 5 years of experience in kitchens that share our values
- At least 1 year of experience in a position of responsibility in the kitchen (head chef / sous-chef)
- At least 1 year of experience in people management (managing a team of at least three people) Be a good manager, able to optimize the profitability of the kitchen and finely manage selling prices, staff, goods.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of food products, their storage and use conditions as well as hygiene rules and safety standards (HACCP diploma or equivalent will be required)
- Position valid starting mid-April 2023 for a smooth installation, familiarization with the kitchens and spaces, the management, the teams, for the opening of the restaurant on 04/28/23
- CDD because seasonal hotel, but we are ideally looking for a person who will return from one year to the next.
- Possibility to apply as a couple, we are looking for other profiles on different jobs in the hotel and catering industry
- Private accommodation in an apartment or studio – possibility of a child's room if family. The accommodation can be kept during winter.
- Restaurant open for dinner only, one day closed weekly Brigade of 4 to 5 people - about 60 to 80 guests in very high season
- Uninterrupted schedule - except for exceptions
- Base 43 hours but week - additional paid and/or caught up
- Salary from 2300€- to be negotiated according to profile and experience
To apply, please email us at [email protected]:
- A letter explaining who you are, your background, your style in the kitchen, your approach to people management, what has amazed you in your life, what you have learned, what attracts you to our house, in short: anything that might interest us. Please tell us a little about where the project of a season within our house is located in the fabric of your life: what are your projects after in the short / medium and long term.
- Recent photos of your meals and creation and descriptions of dishes
- Your 'classic' resume with all your professional positions since the beginning of your professional history and with verifiable references
All applications are treated with complete confidentiality. References will be carefully checked